Saturday 20 September 2008

Grass 'em up?


I like this invitation from 'Crimestoppers', spotted on Koh Pha Ngan, our neighbouring island, to report dope growing.

It suggests that the forbidden botany will be tracked down by informers' reports of 'unusual traffic' or 'anything suspicious'. Jeez. I wish I had a $s for all the unusual traffic and suspicious goings-on I've seen in Thailand!

Given to bar owners or anyone else that wants one, the added value provided by the calendar is a strong incentive to display the sign for the use of customers. Assuming, of course, the bar's patrons want to know what day it is.

Just a thought. I wonder how many of the island's bong sellers are undercover policemen? And do they follow their customers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin